Freedom Lake is closed for the 2023 season. We send out our heartfelt appreciation to our incredible patrons for your kindness, support and patience this season. We made some wonderful memories with you and we hope they carry you through until next year. Thanks also to our awesome staff, especially those who saw us to the end. See you next summer!
Freedom Lake is a 3.3-acre natural aquafir lake with a sand beach within Freedom Park.
It is approximately 15-20′ deep and home to the Freedom Lake Rockers swim team.
- Swimming Beach
- 75′ Swim Lanes*
- Deep Water Dock
- Diving Board
- Charcoal Grills
- Ping Pong Table
- Volleyball Net
- Lakeside Snack Shack
- Dino Dig
- Elevated Sand Table
*Please note swim team has lane priority during their season.
Freedom Lake is open to 2023 Season Pass holders or LaGrange Resident Day Pass holders and their paying guests.
Photo ID & proof of residency with a tax or utility bill is required.
2023 FREEDOM LAKE HOURS:
Opens Memorial Day Weekend, 5/27-5/29, 6/3–4 and 6/10-11, 11-7pm*
Opens daily 6/12, including weekdays, through 9/4, 11-7pm*
2023 LAKESIDE SNACK SHACK HOURS:
*CASH ONLY beginning 8/8 through end of season
Waterfront staff follow a strict thunder and lightning safety policy. We make every attempt to post early lake closures on our Facebook page or you may call the gate at 845-473-2733. There are no refunds for early lake closure.
2023 FREEDOM LAKE PASSES
Registration for Freedom Lake Season Passes opens online at lagrangeparksandrec.com and in-person on the following dates:
Residents: Tuesday, 3/7/23 at 9 am
Eligible Non-Residents*: Tuesday, 3/14/23 at 9 am – SOLD OUT!
* Includes residents from the following border towns: Beekman, East Fishkill, Pleasant Valley, Poughkeepsie (town), Union Vale, and Wappinger. Photo ID and proof of residency in form of a tax or utility bill is required.
There are a limited number of Non-Resident passes for 2023.
We strongly encourage you to create or update your household account information prior to registration day at lagrangeparksandrec.com.
See Registration Tips in blue side bar.
2023 Season Pass Fees:
- Individual $50 / $100 Eligible Non-Resident
- Family* of 2 $75 / $150 Eligible Non-Resident
- Family* of 3 $100 / $200 Eligible Non-Resident
- Family* of 4 $125 / $250 Eligible Non-Resident
- Additional family* members: $10 each
- Children ages 2 and under: Free
- Seniors ages 62+: Free / $20 Eligible Non-Resident
* A “family” is up to 2 parents and their unmarried kids under 24 years of age living permanently in the residence, year-round. If multiple generations reside or live in the same residence, each must create their own account.
All season pass holders must scan their key tag upon entry.
2023 Day Pass Fees:
- Available to LaGrange Residents only. $5/person.
- Children ages 2 and under: Free
- Seniors ages 62+: Free
- Photo ID and proof of residency with a tax or utility bill must be provided at the time of purchase. No exceptions.
Guest Pass Fees:
Season Pass holders and Day Pass holders ages 18+ may bring up to 4 paying guests. Pass holders are responsible for signing in their guests upon entry and must stay with their guests during their time at the lake.
$10/person. Children ages 2 and under & Seniors ages 62+: $5.
If you were a 2022 Freedom Lake Season Pass holder and purchase a pass for 2023, your key tag(s) will be reactivated following your 2023 purchase. You will not receive a new key tag. Lost key tag fee is $5 per key tag. Please contact the Recreation office for replacement.
If you were not a 2022 Freedom Lake Season Pass holder and purchase a pass for 2023, your key tag(s) will be available for pick up at the Recreation office after 4/17/23 or at the Freedom Lake gate house during the season.
Refund Policy For 2023 Freedom Lake Season Passes:
Lake passes are non-refundable. This includes individual and multiple days the lake is closed due to, but not limited to, inclement weather, acts of God, flooding, dismissal for behavior, non-usage and closures made by the Town of LaGrange for any reason.