Photo By: Scott D. Snell Imagery
Sign Up, Select Subscription Topic, and Receive Email Alerts!
Welcome to LaGrange
The town was originally established in 1821 as “Freedom” from parts of the Towns of Beekman and Fishkill, but confusion with another location caused the name to be changed to “LaGrange” in 1828. According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 39.9 square miles (103 km2), of which, 39.7 square miles (103 km2) of it is land and 0.2 square miles (0.52 km2) of it are water. (Source: Wikipedia)