The Department of Public Works (PW) is responsible for the planning, construction, maintenance and implementation of Town of LaGrange infrastructure, specifically water, sewer and stormwater. The Department, also, ensures compliance in all phases of project development after Planning Board approval pertaining to infrastructure.


In regards to Town infrastructure, PW manages all water, sewer, stormwater, lighting and sidewalk special districts as well as new districts & district extensions. The Department oversees the Town’s operators, Environmental Consultants, and assists district residents with issues or concerns they may encounter. PW also is responsible for short and long term capital infrastructure planning to ensure compliance with Federal, State and County regulations. PW manages the current infrastructure to ensure it can meet or exceed its life expectancy and to anticipate future infrastructure needs.


Stormwater management and compliance with MS4 regulations is also under the jurisdiction of PW in conjunction with the Town Highway Superintendent. The Department regularly assists residents throughout the Town with drainage issues and assists with mitigation, in addition to management of stormwater special districts. The Administrator of PW is the Stormwater Management Officer for the Town, which entails enforcement of all NYSDEC MS4 requirements. PW is also responsible for the protection and compliance of all classified wetlands within the Town.


Emergency repair work is scheduled for tomorrow, Thursday – August 25, 2022.  It is anticipated that water service will be interrupted on Kimball Drive between Mandalay Dr & Mandalay Dr as well as Glen Court starting at 9 am and potentially ending at 3 pm.  Water service will be restored as soon as the repair is complete. 


If you experience any service problems after 3 pm, please contact Environmental Consultants at 845-486-1030 for after hours service.  If you have any questions, please contact the Public Works Department at 845-452-8562 or  Thank you for your cooperation!


If you are experiencing any other service problems please call 845-452-8562 or email  If you are experiencing an after-hours emergency – please contact Environmental Consultants at 845-486-1030.


Road work will be performed at that intersection starting approximately on July 5, 2022 to September 1, 2022.  The work will result in closures of Maloney Road and Smith Road at the intersection with Noxon Road (Noxon Road will not be closed).  Please seek alternate routes.  If you have any questions about the project please call the County at 845-486-2925.  Thank you!

Due to covid delays, the Town has recently received approval for this project.  We are currently reevaluating the Engineer’s Cost Estimate since the economy  has significantly changed while we waited for approval from outside agencies.  If you  have any questions, please contact the Public Works office: or 845-452-8562.  Thank you for your patience and continued cooperation.


The following is a list of forms for permits required by the Department of Planning & Public Works:

Water Permit Application

Sewer Permit Application

Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPP)

Wetlands Permit Application

Please be aware that some applications are required to include all fees, plans, supporting documentation (as required by Town Code), executed Acknowledgment of Escrow Policy Form, and Environmental Assessment Form;  incomplete submissions will not be accepted.  Please click the following links for the Town’s Escrow Policy and Acknowledgement Form:


Dutchess County Parcel Access Link

Directions to find out what district you are in:

  1. Select “Town of LaGrange” at the top right-hand side of your screen;
  2. Enter the last 6 digits of your parcel number/hit the Owner tab and enter the property owner’s name/hit the address tab and enter the physical address of the property –  in the column to the right of the aerial map of Dutchess County.  Hit the ‘go’ button;
  3. Select your property in that same column;
  4. Select the “Full property card” option (in red) at the bottom of that column;
  5. Scroll down the pop-up screen to the bottom until you reach the “Special District Information;”
  6. The district(s) your property is in will be listed, as will the benefit units.

Do your part to keep our waterbodies clean!

keep out water clean art


keep out water clean art
Senior Citizen Tax Exemption Are you eligible?