PUBLIC NOTICE – Transfer Station CLOSED effective January 1, 2023
The transfer station located at 130 Stringham Road behind the Highway Department is available to all residents of the Town for disposal of household garbage and recyclable materials.
Hours of operation are Saturday, 7:00 am – 12:00 pm (Closed if the Saturday falls on a holiday).
Proof of Residency is required. Residents will be asked to prove residency and show vehicle registration or some form of identification. This operation is managed by Royal Carting Service. All questions or concerns pertaining to this should be directed to 845-896-6000 (Royal Carting).
Wheels For Wishes is a car donation program benefiting Make-A-Wish® Hudson Valley. We are proud to offer an easy way to recycle or donate unwanted cars, trucks, motorcycles, SUVs, RVs, or even boats, by turning them into a wish for a local child. Our URL is (http://hudsonvalley.wheelsforwishes.org).
Items Not Accepted
- Car/Truck Batteries
- Construction Materials (large amounts)
- Fuel/Motor Oil/Gasoline Tanks
- Oil Based Paints
- Roofing Shingles
- Septic Tanks
Garbage Disposal: Household Garbage and Non-Household Garbage*
*As a general rule, non-household or DIY waste items are materials created
from the construction, demolition, alteration or repair of a home or garden.
CLICK HERE FOR RATES (updated 02/02/2022)
Bulk Items Disposal:
CLICK HERE FOR RATES (updated 10/16/2020)
- All wood/metal bulk must be paid for.
- Truckloads of bulk items will not be accepted after 11:00AM on Saturdays.
Residents will be Charged as Follows:
Note: Water-based EMPTY paint cans may be placed in regular household garbage.
THE CAN MUST BE THOROUGHLY DRY.
Pick Up Trucks: Pick up truck pricing is based on trucks being loaded only to the top of the sides, no higher!
What to Recycle
- Glass Bottles/Jars: Green, brown and clear. Empty and rinsed. Discard caps and tops. Labels can stay on. DO NOT BREAK BOTTLES.
- Tin & Aluminum Cans: ONLY FOOD & DRINK CANS. Also recycle clean aluminum foil, foil trays, & can tops. Empty and rinse all cans. Preferably, REMOVE labels.
- P.E.T.E. and H.D.P.E. Plastic Bottles: Includes milk jugs, laundry detergent, soda bottles and other plastic bottles labeled with a: 1” OR “2” (except motor oil) symbol on the bottom. Empty/rinse bottles. DISCARD CAPS. PLEASE FLATTEN PLASTIC BOTTLES.
- Corrugated Cardboard: Usually brown and has ridges between two smooth layers. MUST BE FLATTENED. DO NOT INCLUDE: Wax coated cardboard, pizza boxes, packing boxes with wooden frames or plastic foam inserts attached to cardboard.
Up to car trunk load $4.00
Station wagon/Minivan/Small Pickup load $10.00
Van/Pickup (Large) $15.00
ALL RECYCABLES MUST BE EMPTIED FROM THE CONTAINERS USED IN TRANSPORTING, INCLUDING PLASTIC BAGS.
What Not to Recycle
- Glass: NO dishes, drinking glasses, Pyrex, window glass, fish tanks/bowls, flower pots, light bulbs or headlights.
- Cans: NO paint, aerosol cans, pots/pans, bottle/jar lids, coat hangers, or other scrap metal items.
- Plastic: NO motor oil, transmission fluid/antifreeze bottles, pesticide containers, foam plastics, household plastics, i.e. toys, laundry baskets or furniture, plastic bags – even if they are labeled “H.D.P.E,” plastic bottles with a 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7 inside the triangle symbol.