Recreation Assistant F/T
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS: This is entry-level work in the field of recreation and involves the performance of routine tasks under the direct supervision of a Recreation Leader or other higher-level employee. The incumbent coordinates activities for special populations, i.e., senior citizens, children, teens. Supervision of other staff is not normally a responsibility of workers in this class.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES: The following is indicative of the level and types of activities performed by incumbents in this title. It is not meant to be all-inclusive and does not preclude a supervisor from assigning activities not listed that could reasonably be expected to be performed by an employee in this title.
1. Assists in conducting a program at a recreation facility,a senior citizen center, or after-school program;
2. Assists in conducting crafts, dances, tournaments, story-telling sessions, dramatics and special events, etc.;
3. May do grocery shopping and setting up for special events, e.g. senior luncheons;
4. Assists with organizing and chaperoning trips and other group activities;
5. When assigned to a recreation program, assists in instructing children in games, sports, arts and crafts, dancing, singing and other activities;
6. Supervises children's games and maintains order;
7. Keeps records of such things as attendance, activities, expenses, supplies and equipment;
8. Helps make up schedule for sports and special events;
9. Distributes and collects equipment.
FULL PERFORMANCE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Ability to learn quickly; Ability to get along well with adults and children;
Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions;
Personal characteristics necessary to perform the duties of the position;
Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: No minimum qualifications.
Eligible candidates can email a resume and cover letter to personnel.
If you wish to fill out an application for us to keep on file, please click on the following link to download an Application For Employment
EEOC Policy Statement:
The Town of LaGrange is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Town does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of a person's race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, arrest/conviction record, disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation, or any other protected class or status. Likewise, the Town prohibits employees, vendors, suppliers, visitors, customers, and any other non-employee from discriminating against Town of LaGrange employees based on these protected groups. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff transfer, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and social and recreational programs.
120 Stringham Road
LaGrangeville, NY 12540
Alan Bell - Supervisor
Kelly Roe - Legislative Aide